Disrupting the world of savings - for everyone
The world of finance is lacking transparency which makes it difficult for customers to make rational choices when investing - and we have had enough. SAVR challenges the status quo by offering an honest and modern fund platform. So far, we have helped over 80 000 customers grow their money. But our journey has just begun.
SAVR is a fast-growing fintech company that offers a savings platform with Sweden's lowest fund fees. The company has been granted licences to conduct securities business (Sw. värdepappersrörelse) as well as insurance distribution (Sw. försäkringsförmedling) by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Sw. Finansinspektionen). SAVR is backed by several well-known investors and has ambitious goals of continuing to grow rapidly and take the lead in building a new generation of savings and investment services. Our HQ is located in central Stockholm and we also have an office located in Halmstad.
What about the role?
We’re looking for a Compliance Manager to join our team in Stockholm. You will ensure that our company is in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements as well as internal policies and bylaws. You will provide guidance on compliance matters and be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business. You will take the lead on developing, evaluating and monitoring our procedures in order to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues and improve internal governance.
You will work closely with many different internal stakeholders, for example our Head of Legal, Risk & Control Manager as well as our outsourced control function.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that our company adheres to legal regulations and regulatory requirements across the business.
- Draft, modify and implement internal control documents and company policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of internal control systems and revise procedures to identify risks and non-compliance issues.
- Assist the business in product development, take part in strategic discussions about where the business is going and what it needs to achieve its objectives in a compliant way.
- Provide advice in relation to future ventures and applying for authorizations required to conduct licensed activities in the financial services sector.
- Advice regarding compliance in various areas such as GDPR and AML.
- Take on responsibility as our Data Protection Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Monitor outsourced services and functions.
- Handle communication with our external independent function for compliance.
- Increase risk awareness in the organization by training our personnel in various areas.
We believe you have/are
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in regulatory compliance work.
- A university degree in Law or other relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of regulations and standards within the financial sector such as IDD and MiFIDII.
- Knowledge of AML and GDPR.
- Experience of working either at or towards a financial institution.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- An analytical mind able to see the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English.
What's in it for you
You will have a lot of freedom since you will be the one and only expert in your field. In your specific role as Compliance Manager you are at the core of our product development and are an integral part in making sure we focus on the right things to ensure business growth in a secure and compliant way. You will have the possibility to grow with the company and have the opportunity to make an impact and be part of building something great together with a dedicated team.
We will also make sure that you get:
💻 a set-up of work tools and mobile phone of your choice
💰 a competitive salary
🚀 employee stock options
🏃♀️ generous health-care benefits (4000SEK)
🤒 health- and life insurance
🌴 30 days vacation
What the process looks like
Do not wait too long with your application as interviews are held continuously. If our interest is mutual, most processes will include the following steps:
👋 20 minute chat with a member of the People & Culture team to learn more about you – and give you more insight to SAVR as a company!
✨ Interview with someone from your potential team!
📝 Case and case presentation or code test depending on the role.
🎩 Final interview with the hiring manager or one of our founders.
SAVR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion or other beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.